People often forget that the inner chest muscles play a crucial role in shoulder movement. The shoulder joint is a complex joint that allows for a wide range of motion, from shoulder rotation to arm movement. When the inner chest muscles are weak, shoulder movement is restricted and the range of motion of the arm and shoulder joint is reduced.
Benefits of Inner Chest Workout
- Inner chest workout is a great way to develop symmetry between the inner and outer chest muscles, increase the size of chest muscles, improve your overall fitness level, and strengthen the stabilizing muscles around your chest.
- The exercise involves performing chest press exercises with dumbbells or a barbell in the upper chest area. To boost endurance and strength, you can also opt for chest dips and inverted cable rows.
- Inner chest workout helps to increase the size of chest muscles, which helps enhance overall body fitness.
Thus, if you start incorporating inner chest workout into your workout routine, you’ll see positive results in no time.
5 Best Inner Chest Exercises for Women and Men to Do at Home
The inner chest muscles are vital for overall chest development. They help to stabilize the chest and lower the body, helping to create a stronger chest frame. To strengthen these muscles, you can do some of the following exercises at home.
Incline Push up
Incline push-up is a chest exercise that targets the chest muscles from both front and back. It is an excellent upper body workout for chest, arms, shoulders, and chest muscles.
- To do incline push-up properly, make sure to lower the body slowly and steadily. Also, ensure that your elbows are fully bent at the bottom of the rep.
- Do incline push-up on a flat bench or incline incline bench. Use your hands to grip the handles of the bench and position your body in the position desired.
- Also try alternate dumbbell incline press-ups or barbell dumbbell press-up. This variation provides greater resistance and challenge to the chest muscles.
Decline Push Up
Why are decline push-ups beneficial for chest growth?
Proper form and technique of decline push-ups can target the chest muscles more effectively.
- When performing decline push-ups, make sure to keep a steady tempo and avoid swinging the body from side to-side, which can lead to overuse of the chest muscles.
- Try different variations of the exercise to find the one that works best for you. Start by lowering your body until the chest is almost touching the floor before pushing back up.
- Slowly lower yourself further until your chest is close to the floor again, then push yourself back up.
- Tips for getting the most out of decline push-ups involves sticking with proper form and technique. It can be a good way to target the chest muscles more effectively, but it’s important not to overdo it.
- Finally, consider using decline push-up variations as part of your chest workout routine. They’re an easy way to add variety and challenge your chest muscles without spending too much time on them.
Plyometric Push-ups can help build muscle and strength in the chest without adding much bulk. They are an effective way to increase overall chest size, improve chest definition, and improve chest press performance.
- Start with your hands shoulder-width apart on the floor.
- Squeeze your chest and abdomen muscles and lower yourself as far as possible without allowing your hips to move beyond the horizontal plane of your body.
- Keep your body straight and chest up the entire time.
- If you are new to these exercises, it’s best to start with a lower rep range of 8-10 for several weeks before increasing the rep range to 12-15 for additional weeks of practice before reaching 20+ rep range for advanced exercisers.
Sliding Chest Flies
Sliding Chest Flies is a great exercise to improve your chest strength and muscle definition. Not only do they work the chest muscles, but also the shoulders and triceps, making it an effective full body workout.
There are many benefits to doing sliding chest flies. This exercise helps build endurance and stability in the chest muscles, as well as increases flexibility in the shoulder joint. Additionally, it can help strengthen core muscles as well as improve posture by engaging the back muscles.
- To start, position yourself on the bench with your chest facing the ground.
- Then, start with your arms extended horizontally in front of you and bend your elbows to lower the chest toward the ground.
- Use your upper body muscles to raise the chest back to the starting position.
- You can perform sliding chest flies using dumbbells or barbells as well.
- Plus, they provide additional challenges by requiring you to balance the weight on your chest while keeping it flat.
- When performed correctly, this exercise provides a great workout for your chest muscles while also providing benefits like increased chest strength and development.
The narrow pushup is a great exercise for those looking to strengthen their upper body without the need for any equipment. It’s perfect for anyone on the go as it requires nothing more than your own bodyweight and a little bit of space.
This exercise really targets your triceps and pectoral muscles, helping to sculpt them into shape, while also strengthening your core at the same time. Doing this move regularly can help you achieve defined arms, chest muscles, and even abs!
- Begin by positioning your hands close together so that they are just slightly wider than shoulder width apart.
- Keep your feet together and ensure that your body is aligned from head to toe.
- From this starting position, lower yourself towards the ground until your chest nearly touches it.
- Exhale as you press back up towards the starting position with control and repeat for as many repetitions as needed.
Answers You Need To Know
- What are some tips and tricks for getting the most out of an inner chest workout?
If you want to get the most out of your inner chest workout, here are some tips and tricks you should keep in mind:
- Incorporate a variety of exercises in your inner chest workout. This can include chest press, dumbbell press, cable flyes, incline bench press, pec deck machine exercise, and more.
- Use lighter weights and focus on good form and proper technique to ensure that you target the muscles in the inner chest area during each exercise.
- Take time to stretch and warm up before each exercise to avoid any potential muscle or joint injury.
- Increase the intensity of your workouts by incorporating supersets, dropsets, static holds, and other advanced techniques.
- What is the best way to incorporate these exercises into a workout routine?
Incorporating these exercises into a workout routine is best done by following a few key guidelines.
- Firstly, make sure to perform the exercises two to three times a week with at least one day of rest between workouts.
- Secondly, start with lighter weights and gradually increase the weight as you get stronger over time.
- Thirdly, aim for 2-3 sets of 8-12 reps for each exercise, with a one minute break in between sets.
- Lastly, ensure that you’re aiming for full range of motion and proper form when doing the exercises so that you can get the most out of your workout routine.
- Are there any potential risks associated with these exercises?
Yes, there are potential risks associated with doing any exercise. Before starting any new exercise routine, it is important to consult with your doctor or a qualified fitness specialist as they will be able to provide a personalized workout plan according to your individual needs and goals.
- How can I modify these exercises to fit my fitness level and goals?
The best way to modify exercises to fit your fitness level and goals is to adjust the amount of weight used, the number of sets and reps, the tempo or speed at which you do each exercise, and the variations of the exercises.
For example, if you’re starting out and looking to build muscle mass, start off with lower weights and increase gradually. Or if you’re more experienced, you can use heavier weights for increased resistance.
There are many workout options to strengthen your chest muscles. However, the inner chest workout is one of the most efficient exercises that help you build an aesthetic upper body. Besides, it helps improve your posture and strengthens the upper back muscles. The workout routine mentioned above is simple and easy-to-follow. You can do these exercises in the comfort of your home or office. All it takes is a bit of focus, concentration, and determination. If you want to flaunt a well-sculpted chest, start doing these workout routines today!